LAUNCHED IN JANUARY 2018, The HOPE Mobile Health Clinic was founded on the belief that every child, regardless of financial means, deserves high quality, coordinated, community based, family centered, and comprehensive care.
BE A SPONSOR FOR OUR MOBILE HEALTH CLINIC SERVICES AND GIVE THE GIFT OF HEALING TO CHILDREN IN NEED
Sponsor Our HOPE Mobile Health Clinic
Provide students in Wards 7 & 8 with health screenings for barriers to learning:
$25 - Health screenings for 3 children
Provide students in Wards 7 & 8 with asthma medication/inhalers for treatment
$100 - asthma medication and inhaler for 15 children
Provide students in Wards 7 & 8 with glasses to overcome vision impairments
$50 - new glasses for 5 children
Healthy and Ready to Learn
A partnership with Children’s National Health Systems and Children’s Health Fund.
A new national initiative — Healthy and Ready to Learn (HRL) — bridges the information gap between health care providers and educators, empowers parents to become advocates for their children, and dramatically changes how children gain quick access to the specialized services they need and deserve.
Our objective is to identify and address untreated health issues that will diminish disadvantaged children’s prospects for success in school and life.
Our HOPE Mobile Health Clinic will be used to pilot this national program for the first time ever in the DC area at 5 public elementary schools in Wards 7 & 8 in Southeast Washington D.C.
Announced at the 2014 Clinton Global Initiative, Healthy and Ready to Learn is built on a collaborative, school-linked health and community partnership model that connects parents, teachers, health care providers and community support services for children and families.
The HRL Model Seeks to:
- Conduct school-based screenings to identify 7 proven health barriers to learning:
- hearing and vision problems
- uncontrolled asthma
- mental health/behavioral issues
- dental pain
- severe social stress
- Provide medical or mental health services as appropriate to address the health barriers to learning.
- Provide comprehensive case management so that follow-up appointments are kept.
- Train teachers to identify the above mentioned conditions.
- Empower parents to more effectively manage their child’s barriers to learning.